Monday, May 30, 2011

How I Got Lost.



I remember way back when I was sitting in my room with some paper and a pen.
Words flowed like water and I couldn't stop them...
They were my only escape.
Escape the world, escape my life, escape my loneliest of times.

Music was another world.
Words to a melody and I was in love.
Things just made sense between music and my paper and pen.
Until one day I put them down
Dreams don't happen as easily as you can dream them

And where have I gone?
Silly me, I forgot the lyrics to my own song.
I forgot the steps to my own beat
I lost the very part of me.
Soul.
Heart and soul is who we all are.

We were made to be something so much more than who we are
So why can't we see
Why can't we believe that dreams are real
And so is He.

Grace is more than just a light in the dark
It's the beating of a heart.
The warmth of a mother's hand
The smile of a Father's face
The safety of an embrace

...

Yes, words...
Words are my saving grace.
Bring me back to my paper and pen
I want to inspire the world to dream again...






*Pic credit to True Stories, Honest Lies

No comments:

Post a Comment